Ultimaker Breakaway is a support material for multi-extrusion 3D printing. Breakaway support is quick to remove and does not need further post-processing for a quality finish on your 3D print. Designed for a hassle-free 3D printing experience, Breakaway provides good adhesion to ABS, Nylon, PLA, Tough PLA, CPE, or CPE+.
Reasons to choose Ultimaker Breakaway
- No sanding or waiting for your support material to dissolve. Simply print and break it away
- Ensures a high-quality surface finish on your model
- Good adhesion to ABS, Nylon, PLA, Tough PLA, CPE, or CPE+
- Longer shelf life and less moisture sensitive compared to water-soluble support material, such as PVA
- Ideal for use with build materials that could be sensitive to water
Removing Breakaway support
Begin by removing the majority of the inner support structure, using gripping pliers to tear away the interior area.
Step 2 Pull
Loosen the support from the model around the corners with cutting pliers. Pull the Breakaway support from the model.
Step 3 Peel
If a layer of support remains, find a loose edge and peel it away from the model. Remove any final traces with pliers or tweezers.
Example 3D prints using Breakaway
Design freedom with more materials
Breakaway is compatible with ABS, Nylon, PLA, Tough PLA, CPE, and CPE+, so it’s ideal for prototyping in the material you want.
Time and cost-effective
Quicker to remove and more affordable than other support materials, Breakaway is also easy to store so stays usable for longer.
High-quality surface finish
Breakaway material has been developed to give reliable adhesion to your build material but peel away for a smooth and accurate model.